As a native Washingtonian, Natalie Thomas has grown up in Silver Spring’s Woodside Park and had even purchased her first home in Woodside Forest. She definitely knows her way around from boutiques to bakeries and everything in between.
Get to know Natalie in this latest agent spotlight as she takes you through her favorite spots in and around the DC-Metro area.
Growing up here and having been fortunate enough to travel to various cities, I have really come to appreciate the beauty and diversity of our metropolitan area and just how much it has to offer. There is a little something for everyone here – whether urban, suburban, waterfront, or mountains – our metropolitan area has it all.
While we live in a very transient area, I have come to love this about our area because it brings people from all over the world together! I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
TEMPT YOUR TASTEBUDS: FOOD SPOTS!
More of a foodie? Well, the food scene just keeps getting better. With so many different cultural influences in this city, no cuisine is left unturned.
Where do your tastebuds take you for a nice dinner out with family or friends?
- Barcelona – 14th St or Cathedral Commons (DC)
- Mi Rancho, Olazzo (Silver Spring)
- Blacks Market (Kensington)
- Le Diplomate (14th St)
What are of your favorite places to order in from?
- Amina Thai (Silver Spring) – Grubhub delivers.
- Jewel of India (Silver Spring) – Postmates delivers.
- Spring Garden (Silver Spring) – Free delivery.
Favorite Happy Hour spots?
- Urban Butcher (Silver Spring)
- Mrs. Ks (Silver Spring)
- Olazzo (Silver Spring)
- Ruths Chris (Bethesda)
- Blacks (Bethesda)
- Gringos & Mariachis (Bethesda)
- Jaleos (Bethesda/DC)
- PassionFish (Bethesda)
Favorite Mexican Restaurants?
- Lauriol Plaza (Adams Morgan)
- Gringos & Mariachis (Bethesda)
- Mi Rancho (Silver Spring)
- Uncle Julios (Bethesda)
What’s the best breakfast or brunch spot in the area?
- Buena Vida – Great brunch spot – unlimited small plates (Silver Spring)
- La Pain Quotidien (Bethesda)
LET’S TALK SHOPPING!
Where’s the best shopping in the town? Are there any good boutiques?
- Friendship Heights (DC) – Great combination of high-end retail mixed with off-price apparel chains like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. My favorite part of shopping in Friendship Heights is having access to all different types of retail while being able to pop in and out of shops and enjoy the outdoors.
- Reddz Trading (Bethesda) – Second hand designer clothing store. Unique designer finds at unbeatable prices.
- Wildwood Center (Bethesda) – Mix of boutiques and designer stores.
Love the great outdoors and mountains? Within an hour you can be hiking at the Shenandoah National Park or sipping wine at a vineyard with mountain views. Our nation’s Capital is full of history from the Capitol, to the White House, to the monuments or museums.
Are there any good hikes or bike trails?
- C&O Canal (DC) – Hiking and biking
- Great Falls (MD) – Billy Goat Trail
- Rock Creek Pkwy (MD) – Hiking and biking
- Harpers Ferry (VA)
- Gravelly Point Park (DC) – Great walking/biking trails
- Patapsco Valley State Park (MD) – Great hikes
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (MD) – Hiking
- Theodore Roosevelt Island (DC) – Walking
Are there any recommendations for workout classes in the area?
- Yoga: Blue Heron Wellness (Silver Spring)
- Pure Barre (Silver Spring)
- Orange Theory (Silver Spring)
LOCAL BREWS & SIPS
So many to choose from. What are some of your favorite local breweries?
- Denizens (MD) – I love that you can bring your dog and sit outside.
- 3 Stars Brewing Company (DC) – love that you can bring in your own food and get a cold beer.
Best coffee spots in the area?
- Kaldis (Silver Spring)
- Blue Bottle Coffee (DC – Wharf) – AMAZING DRIP COFFEE
HAVE A SWEET TOOTH?
What’s the best bakery in town?
- Nothing Bundt Cakes (Silver Spring)
- Jenny Cakes Bakery (Kensington)
- Baked & Wired (Georgetown)
- Pie Sisters (Georgetown)
- Tout de Sweet Shop (Bethesda)
- Velatis (Silver Spring)
- Dolcezza (DC)
- District Donut (DC)
FUN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
The best part about our city is that most of these activities are free and can be enjoyed through so many means of transportation – kayaking, paddle boarding, biking, scootering, or even a Segway tour!
What are fun weekend activities to do in the neighborhood?
- Farmer’s Market
- Kayak/Paddle Board (DC)
- Yoga Class/Barre Class
- Union Market (DC)
- Museums (DC)
Favorite Farmers Markets?
- Silver Spring
- Capitol Hill – Eastern Market
Are there any cool historical spots worth visiting?
Pretty much anything downtown! White House / Capitol / Museums / Monuments, etc.
What’s your favorite park to take the kids and / or pet to or just take a scroll in?
Great Falls – It’s by far my favorite walk in the area…gorgeous/scenic views.
Interested in keeping up with Natalie? Follow her on instagram!