Silver Spring Cares is kicking off their 2nd Annual Winter Clothing Drive to benefit Linkages to Learning at JoAnne Leleck Elementary at Broad Acres. If you find yourself with winter items you no longer need, consider donating your items to the drive. This will help ensure our Silver Spring residents are warm and healthy this winter season! Silver Spring Cares will be going around town picking up donations now through November 30th, just simply sign-up here to schedule your pick-up.
Read more info below via the Silver Spring Cares blog
Items accepted: Winter Coats, Jackets, Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Boots, Sweatshirts, Sweaters, Pajamas, Pants, Fleece, Socks, etc! Basically, if it’s warm and in great condition, it’ll happily find a new home this winter! Please only consider donating items that are in excellent and clean condition. Please do not donate items that missing buttons, have stains or tears.
Silver Spring Cares will be hitting the streets to collect your donations. Simply place your clean and gently used donations in a clearly labeled bag and place on your porch for pick up.
Sign up here when you’re ready for pick up. Once your request is received, you will receive an email to confirm pick up. Please be aware that we are only able to pick up within a 20-minute drive of downtown Silver Spring. Have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for helping make Silver Spring a great place to thrive!
Our Winter clothing drive was a success! Thank you for all of your donations. As a community, we were able to directly impact many of our neighbors in need.
Go Brent Team was proud to partner with you to assist several local Linkages to Learning programs.
- The program at Leleck ES received 90 coats, 80 hats, 60 pairs of gloves, and 3 dozen scarves. In addition, they received dozens of bags of winter clothing.
- Teens at Silver Spring International MS received 20 coats.
- The Pinecrest / Rosemary Hills ES program received several bags of warm clothing.
- Additionally, 49 coats and 26 hats (mostly new) were collected/purchased for a group of our Long Branch neighbors in need. These neighbors were impacted by the gas explosion last summer and desperately needed winter coats.
- Through our relationship with the program at Leleck ES, Go Brent Team was able to underwrite the cost of Thanksgiving/emergency grocery gift cards for families utilizing their program.
We look forward to partnering with you all next year!
Last year Go Brent Team collected hundreds of winter items including new or gently used coats, hats, gloves, scarves and boots. All of the items were delivered to Downcounty Consortium schools’ Linkages to Learning programs and A Wider Circle.
We are kicking off our annual drive this week and would like your help. How?Gather gently used or new items; message us on Facebook or send us an email. You can leave items on your doorstep and one of our team members will swing by to pick up! Since both A Wider Circle and Linkages to Learning support the entire family, we can accept any winter items ranging from infant to adult sizes. Last year we also collected $500 in donations and purchased hat and glove sets for elementary school kids. If you prefer to make a donation, send us a message and we’ll coordinate pick up. We’ll continue collecting items and donations through January.
The Farmer’s Almanac is calling for a colder, wetter winter so let’s band together and keep our neighbors warm!